Kingston KCS-FM1700/16, 16MB Mini- Flash Card for Cisco
Kingston Technology manufactures the KCS-FM1700/8 (8MB) and KCS-FM1700/16(16MB) Miniature Flash Cards (Mini-Flash Cards) for Cisco?1720 VPN series routers.The 1720 VPN series router comes standard with a 4MB Miniature Flash Card, expand-able to a mximum 16MB. To upgrade the flash memory to 8 or 16MB, you must remove the 4MB Miniature Flash Card and replace it with Kingston?s 8 or 16MB card.
1. Place your router'spower switch in the off position.
2. Following the in-structions in yourCisco Owner?sGuide, remove therouter?s top cover.With the cover re-moved the Minia-ture Flash socketwill be clearly vis-ible.
3. Remove the 4MBMiniature FlashCard by pullingback on the releaselever. The Step #2illustration showsthe location of therelease lever.
4. Install your new Kingstoncard as shown in the illustra-tion. Once the card has been in-stalled, replace the router?s top cover.
5. With the card installed, it can then be loadedwith the appropriate program information.